Before we all know it Fall will be here and we will be pulling out our Fall and Winter clothing and changing out our decor. This is my favorite time of the year. Why? The leaves start changing, the pumpkins begin coming out and the bonfires are where we will spend our time on those cool Autumn nights. This Fall you can expect to read about plenty of Fall decor, more Autumn DIYs, and plenty of new Fall decor reviews and even more! Just be sure to stick around and read plenty of our posts. Today, I am going to start off the Fall posts with a BANG.
So how exactly do I intend to do this?
Let’s start off this Fall with our entrances.
There’s plenty of ways to decorate your front door for the Fall. You could use burlap, pumpkins, gourds, whatever you choose. On my Fall door, I prefer wreaths or signs, or wreaths with signs on them. And initials! Can’t forget those!
Since I have plenty of things to talk about this Fall, I am going to make this first project pretty simple.
For this project you’ll need a few items that you can find at just about any craft store and possibly even the dollar stores. You’ll need:
- A hot glue gun with a glue stick
- Fake Fall leaves
- Burlap strips
- Scissors (for cutting burlap strips)
- A small sign or initial
- A Grape vine wreath
Now that you have all your supplies let’s put this together.
- Place the leaves on the wreath, glue them in place.
- Once the glue on the leaves has dried, take a burlap strip and curl it under, place it in the leaves like shown in the photo above. Glue it in place. Do that with the rest of the burlap strips.
- Finally, take your sign or initial and glue it over the leaves ad burlap. Be sure to put enough glue that it won’t fall apart but not so much that it shows out of the edges.
- Hang it up on the door and you’re ready for Fall!
Now that you have your wreath, you should consider taking your entrance a step further with adding things around your door. You can add gourds, pumpkins, and other crafts around. Keep checking back for more decor, DIY and small projects to make your home better this Fall!
Want something more? Check out this wreath tutorial video!
What are your favorite decorations for Fall ? Comment your answers below.