What if I told you there was a job opening? It’s for “Director of Operations”, you must be able to stand all or most of the time, put in unlimited hours, including holidays, in fact the work gets more stressful around the holidays, you will need to make sure your associate is happy and healthy, you’ll also need to stay awake with them well into the night, there are no breaks and your lunch break is only after your associate has eaten. Your salary? $0.
Do you think you’d want this highly stressful but highly rewarding job? Billions of people all over the world want this job because it can also be the most rewarding! What is it? Keep reading to find out!
Here’s a video of interviews for this job, so what exactly is this job all about? Watch till the end to find out.
Amazon Baby Registry
Moms-to-be everywhere are learning about a well kept secret: The Amazon Baby Registry! Click here to visit Amazon Baby Registry. This registry is a lifesaver for all “moms to be”. We’ve checked out several other baby registries from leading department stores, and decided it’s hard to beat Amazon on value. Here are a few of the benefits of this Registry service:
- Find and keep all the things you’ll want and need.
- You can browse other parent’s registries to get ideas.
- Find lists of top rated baby products.
- Have friends and family automatically ship it to your address.
- Automatic generated Thank You note is sent when people buy things on your lists. (Imagine how much time this will save you!)
- Discount for 10%-15% for all Amazon moms. Save your friends and family money!
- FREE shipping
- FREE 90-day returns
There are so many positives that it would be crazy not to take this opportunity! It’s convenient for you and for your family and friends. Neither of you will have to actually go out and find something, you can do it from the comfort of your couch! (Which may actually be a good thing to you!)
What are some things you may need?
I asked quite a few mothers what they would say new mothers needed and here are a few of the replies I received:
- Changing Table
- Baby wash & lotion
- Baby swing
- Crib Set
- Teething ring
- Baby monitors
There’s plenty more that you’ll need for a little package of joy but these are just a few.
Unique Ideas for Nurseries
All mothers dream of designing their newborn’s bedroom. It’s one of those times where a mother can do what she wants with her baby’s room. When the child grows up, they will take over and do the decorating themselves putting up posters, artwork, and of course throwing their own style all over the room. So, when designing your child’s nursery be sure that you know what you want to do. Make sure you’ve explored all your options and prepare your imagination at least for the child’s sake. Here’s a few ideas that I found unique and imaginative!
- Twinkling Stars on ceiling “night light” so your child can feel like they’re sleeping under the stars.
- Hot air balloon lanterns hanging in the corners for extra light. You can even put a pile of cotton balls at the top to resemble clouds.
- For woodlands theme or enchanted forest theme, you can hang birdcages with (FAKE) moss draped inside with bird eggs and branches inside.
- Peg-Boards! Julia Child made them popular in the kitchen now you should be the one to make it popular in the baby’s room. It can be used to hang extra stuff in the changing area so you can have more free space.
- Chalkboard Walls are a good idea! I know your baby can’t read yet, but you can have endless possibilities with drawings, writing their names or initials, and when they get older you could write good morning messages or they could use it to express themselves. Who doesn’t love kid’s artwork?!
- Paper butterflies chandeliers are always a cute addition to any little girl’s bedroom. It adds a touch of elegance and “girl-ish” flair to any room.
Things that you won’t learn in parenting books from real moms
“What?! There’s things the parenting books won’t tell me?” That’s right. Parenting books will tell you how to feed a baby, how to clothe a baby and when to call the doctor, but what does it skip over? Here are a few things that real moms learned along the way.
- You won’t be perfect. Mothers always seem to think they have to be perfect for their children but in actuality, your children won’t mind that all you’re having for dinner is cereal, or that the house is a mess. They want your love and for you to be close to them.
- You’ll begin to love your quirks. Those dimples that you always hated? Yeah, you’ll look at them on your baby and melt. Those dimples will become the most beautiful thing in the world.
- You’ll understand. Remember those nasty looks you gave the mom trying to calm her screaming baby in the restaurant? You’ll look back and understand what she felt.
- You’ll gain and lose friends. You’ll be sitting in the park talking to another mom on a bench about your fears of being a mom, how you are having trouble breastfeeding or anything at all and instantly, you’re friends for life. You’ll also probably lose friendships that you don’t have the time or energy to put into.
- You’ll never find it boring. Motherhood is never boring, there will be always something to do. Always.
- Sometimes you’ll just sit on the floor and cry. It’s okay to cry. You may feel many things like being helpless. But you have to remember that you’re child loves you no matter what. You may never be able to give them the world but you sure can try.
- You’ll learn that you have never and will never feel the same way about another human being.
- When you go to the store, you’ll head for their section, yours can wait. You’ll want to buy them new outfits, toys and whatever you can afford.
- You won’t mind the taste of dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets or kid’s yogurt, or even the little kid lunches that have the fake looking food.
- You’ll learn that you’re a great cheerleader. Cheering at games may not have been your thing in high school but at T-ball, soccer and gymnastics you’re the loudest one cheering on your baby.
- Night Outs with the girls won’t be as enjoyable knowing you have a baby at home so nights in will become a Friday night favorite. Your favorite bar will turn into your couch and your favorite drink will turn into juice. Welcome to the mommyhood.
Mother’s do a lot for their children and the job never ends. If you’re a new mother, or expecting soon, be sure to click this link to check out the Amazon Baby Registry to help make your motherhood easier, and if you’re already a mother, be sure to let me know what you learn as a mother in the comments below!