How many of you have actually thought of copper in your home? I didn’t. I only learned about it when my best friend sent me a picture of it on facebook as a copper sink. I had never given it much thought at all but copper in the home actually looks very elegant and beautiful! So, what can you turn into copper? Just about everything actually! Here’s what you need to know if you become a copper junkie and want everything you touch to turn to copper.
Let’s start with the kitchen sink, copper sinks are becoming more and more popular as time passes. There are many benefits to having a copper sink, some of which are:
- Wide range of styles. Your sink can represent your style. Your kitchen doesn’t have to be “basic” anymore. You can get a regular sink that is hidden behind counter,or an elaborate sink with elegant designs.
- Copper can last for years. Forget about your sink cracking or chipping. Copper sinks are extremely durable and will help you to save money in the long run.
- Your dishes are less likely to break. Don’t try to test this out but if you drop your favorite fragile dish in the copper sink, it is less likely to actually break or chip. Why? The copper sink is less hard than the usually stone sink.
- You’ll have a cleaner kitchen! Bacteria can only last on copper for an hour, hot soapy water is all you’ll need to get your kitchen sink fresh and clean again.
- It’s always changing color and variation. Copper is an interesting material, over time it’s always changing but yolu can slow this process down with wax treatments. Just avoid abrasive cleaners.
You could go with laminate, stainless steel, quartz or many more! But my pick is copper. Copper is so beautiful and ages gracefully. While most people are replacing their countertops you’ll be watching yours become more beautiful.
- Copper countertops are the best if you want something easy to clean and glamorous. Just get some hot soapy water and wax it occasionally.
- Flexible with styles. Copper countertops can look pleasant in a townhome and it’ll look just as good in a lodge or modern home.
- It can also be salvaged from scrap yards so it’s great for eco-friendly homes!
Copper Range Hoods
Copper range hoods can add an elegant look to your kitchen, whether your stove is black, copper or red this copper range hood will set it off.
- Copper Range Hoods are elegant and look simply amazing.
- They’re easy to clean so there’s no worries.
What else can I copper?
Can’t get enough of copper? Well you can get just about anything in copper or even paint it a copper color. What are a few things that look good in copper?
- Exposed pipes (which actually looks very good btw!)
- Roofs (which also looks amazing!)
- Lighting fixtures
- Vent covers
- Clawfoot Tubs
- Pots and pans
and much more! Point is, copper looks great on almost anything! It’s becoming more and more popular over time. Who would’ve thought? It looks elegant and creates a rustic look.
Here’s a link to buy some copper cookware that would look good in any kitchen! Especially yours!
Here’s a video if you’re curious as to what color would look good with copper colors, gray is almost like the new white, it goes well with everything, including copper! Check out this video and tell me what you think.
Need help visualizing copper cookware with your kitchen? Watch this video to help you see what it would look like in an industrial style home and a farmhouse style. Enjoy!
Do you think copper home decor is worth it? Tell me what you think in the comments below!