Spring is coming up and your home should be ready for the season. But are you totally lost as to what you could do to decorate your home? That’s why I am here. Bird Nests are a quick, simple and free way to add some Spring flair to your home. I AM NOT TELLING YOU TO GO STEAL A BIRD’S NEST FROM A TREE. But I will show you how to actually make one that has your own touch and feel to it!
Birds nests are a precious sign of life, beauty and an obvious sign of Springtime! You shouldn’t steal bird’s nests even though they are the real deal. But making your own is alot easier, it will save a bird’s home and possibly save you from getting attacked by a family of birds protecting their babies. (Trust me on that one. If you get uncomfortably close, even if you’re not touching, they will attack.) So now that I’ve steered you towards creating your own, how do you do it? Very easily!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A ball or round object
- Grass, leaves, natural materials
- Hot glue
- String & lace (optional)
- Take the ball or round object, I used a ball for this project, and make a tinfoil nest shape around the bottom of the ball.
- Take some of your grass and carefully hot glue it to the tinfoil in a circular motion around the tinfoil.
- Once you have an stable outside to the nest, get the ball out of the nest then place more grass around the inside. As soon as you have your nest stable with the grass you can add moss, twigs, leaves, whatever you want.
- After adding the natural materials, if you want the nest to look more realistic you can add string and lace and even berries if you’d like! But if you really want to turn this nest into the “real deal” then add some fake eggs!
That was only FOUR short steps to add a whimsical touch to your home! You can place your nest in flower pots at the front door or even in other places around the house for your kids or guests to find!
Here’s a video showing another but very similar way to create this beautiful nest!
Here’s a precious video for you but PLEASE NOTE: THIS PERSON WAS NOT AT THE NEST, A CAMERA WAS PLACED BESIDE THE NEST. Enjoy!
Do you have any crafts you do that you’d like to see on here? Comment below!