You spend hours looking at home decor and wishing you could have your own website to share your own home experiences. I was once there. I was in college, it was my first semester and I was going for drafting and spent hours and hours staring at home decor and getting new ideas for my own home. I started making homes for my class and decorating them nicely when I decided to make my own home website to show off my creations along with ideas, trends, and my opinions.
I didn’t really know where to start and my professor continuously told me I should go for it and just design my own website. So, I did it.
Here’s some things to know before beginning your website:
- If you’re new to this then you’ll need to know that it won’t be easy, but it won’t be hard.
- If you are determined to get this done, you may spend long nights up staring at your screen.
- Your ideas will eventually need to get revived, so you may need some type of inspiration to help you.
- You could hit writer’s block- meaning that yo will have dry spells where you just can’t seem to figure out what to write about.
- Your site could make you money.
- Your site could get your stuff popular- maybe even be like a resume of your things.
- In the end, it’s all worth it and you’re site will be great.
What to do to be successful with your home website:
- When you decide to start your home website, you should go ahead and check out every site you can find, soak up any and every bit of information you can get. Write down your ideas of what you’ll say, this will help you with keeping your stuff organized and avoid a sloppy presentation.
- Start with the stuff that interests you, then get inspiration for the rest.
- Research everything, not only will it give you a knowledge of what you’re doing but it will also make your work accurate and professional sounding.
- Ask friends to share your site link with their friends and family. Share on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram!
- Network! Tell everyone you come in contact with, leave cards with your site’s name on it in random places or on bulletins.
These are just a few of the things you need to know when starting up your home website. As for technical details, the only thing I will mention here is: use WordPress! Save yourself the trouble of researching other platforms, as WordPress is widely accepted as the best, easiest to use platform for blogs. Its easy to install and the below listed video is the only resource you will need to get started within minutes. Good Luck!
Here’s the video and even though it is a tad long, it’ll help you to make your own WordPress website and blog!