Make yourself a headboard! It will make your bed look fancy, and above that, more comfy to look at! You think it’s expensive? It is if you will purchase one or a bed with a headboard, but did you know that you can make one? Yes, you can for a lot cheaper than new ones. I can show you how. Have you seen those celebrity homes and photos of bedrooms that you see on TV and magazines?
Headboards are one of the many things that will bring a bedroom together and make it something to cherish being in. Not everyone wants to go out and buy one that’s over a couple hundred dollars though. But with a little motivation and some elbow grease you can make your own headboard that looks like it costed a thousand bucks!
Items you’ll need:
- A sheet of plywood that is as wide as your bed.
- A foam board that is about the size of the plywood sheet or even a little smaller. Make sure it’s a little thicker.
- Fabric of your choice
- super glue or staple gun to hold everything together.
- Place your fabric on the floor or a table, put the foam sheet on top of that and the plywood on top of the foam.
- Wrap the fabric like a present around everything and glue or staple on the back of the plywood.
- If you used glue let it dry, then set it up. Place the plywood sheet towards the wall so that the foam sheet is facing towards the bed.
- You can get anything to hold it up from bars to brackets. If you get brackets like in the photo then all you’ll have to do is stick it down in there and you’re done.
- If you want a little extra touch you can push small pins into the foam.
Do you have any neat DIY bedroom decor projects? Let me hear about them!