Habits of a Clean Home
Don’t have kids.
Don’t have a dog.
Avoid people with kids and dogs.
Avoid people in general.
Don’t invite people to your house.
Don’t get married.
AND Lastly, don’t even think about having get togethers!
But in all seriousness, here are the real 10 habits of a clean home:
- Put things away. When done with something, put it where it goes.
- Wash a load of clothes everyday (or as the hamper fills up). Between your coffee and your fixing breakfast manage to put on one load of clothes daily. This will also ensure you hamper is not overfull leading to clothes on the floor.
- Put the clothes away. After washing the clothes, be sure to put them away and you won’t have to worry about them later.
- Take a few minutes to sweep noticeable dirt through the house. If you get the noticeable stuff, you won’t have to worry about deep cleaning but once in awhile. (Even though you should.)
- When in the kitchen, clean up as you go. Wash your dishes as you use them or have a child to help out.
- Give your children chores. This will help you with everyday things and teach your children responsibility.
- Prepare for the next day. Put your clothes out, plan out the day and meals.
- Get rid of junk mail. Any junk mail needs to be shredded or organized.
- Keep things off the dining table. This is the place you eat with your family, keep it clean and clear of all the daily woes.
- Leave shoes in the mudroom. Don’t track dirt, mud and water into the house. Keep it enclosed in the mudroom, or outside your front door.
Why to keep your house clean?
- It will look better. You’re home will look so much better to you, your family and your guests.
- You won’t be embarrassed to entertain. You can shamelessly invite the neighborhood over and have surprise guests over.
- It’ll be safer for children & animals. If you have children or pets then you know that they’ll pick up ANYTHING!
- Less Stressful. It’ll keep you calm because who likes to come home to chaos?
- You can find things easily. You won’t be panicking to find your keys and phone anymore if it’s always clean.
Keeping your home clean is easy and has many benefits to it. It will refresh you and your family and make your life so much better!
Here’s a video showing SEVEN of the best cleaning tips!
Now, take all the information you’ve seen here and go clean and organize your home! Do you have a cleaning routine? Tell me all about it in the comments!