Some of us have a special weakness for sparkly things. Your dog has a bedazzled collar. All of your furniture has some form of bling. Your nails seem to have their own light from all the shine on them. You might be a glitter-child. Or maybe you don’t go this over the top, but you just want to be able to make something prettier with a little sparkle. Either way, your life would benefit from this handy little idea. It’s a way to be-glitter anything with a wipe of a brush. No hassle and no stress. It just takes a little bit of mixing.
Mod podge is a white glue like substance, it’s a lifesaver for crafty people like myself. What’s Mod podge? It’s a glue, sealer, and finish, all in one product. It’s primarily a crafter’s glue, which is just what you want! It’s great because it’s so easy to adapt from project to project. It’s easy to clean up because of its water base, and it’s nontoxic!
For this project All you’ll need is some glitter and Modpodge.
Just mix together the glue and the glitter and you are ready to paint whatever you want to shine. You might be tempted to go a little crazy at first, but you’ll settle into the freedom. Whether you want to do more subtle jobs or bigger projects is up to you. The nice thing about this mix is that you don’t have to change your medium to match your project. You might need to be a little bit more picky about your brush size, and not every surface is going to hit it off with the glue, but have fun with it!
When you first put the glue on the surface it will be white and you may be a bit worried about it showing up white but don’t worry, once it dries, it will be clear. That’s one reason this stuff is good for numerous projects.
Some projects you can create using this mod podge glitter glue are:
- Glitter jars– Get a jar, get your glitter mod podge ready, put your brush down in it and paint over the jar. It will be white like Elmer’s glue but once it dries it will be clear.
- Glitter pine cones– Take a pinecone from the yard and paint over it, This is cute and easy and will look amazing for the holidays!
- Glitter dipped feathers– This is super cute! Just get some feathers and dip it down in there, brush it out so it isn’t all matted together, then set it out to dry. hipsters and boho chicks will love these!
- Ornaments– Need some cute christmas ornaments? Buy some clear ornaments and paint over them with the glitter mod podge.
- Glitter jewelry dish– Get a small dish and paint over it with the glitter mod podge, once it dries you can place your jewelry in it and have a beautiful glittering surface underneath.
These are just a couple of the possibilities you can create with this shimmering concoction. But if you’re into the regular mod podge then check out this post about mod podge family photos!
Here’s a video showing how to make a mod podge and glitter vase, if you do it this way you will get a more glittering effect.
Here’s a glitter wine glass DIY video: These are super cute and would be great for bachelorette parties, dinner parties etc.